Christmas is coming!
And what better place to spend it on the shores of Lake Maggiore, the enchanting lake nestled between the Alps. This one week tour will allow you to discover the magic of Christmas period in a fairytale atmosphere of candies, white mountains and Christmas trees, surrounded by the joyful noises of excited Italians who like you will join from all over the country to seek out the best decorations for their home’s Christmas tree.
The months of November, December and January are a very special and busy period in Italy, a Catholic country, where holiday festivities and celebrations are taking place nightly throughout the “boot”.
This tour is set for 2 to 6 people but we are willing to enlarge the group upon request. There are also several excursions available, not included in the price to enrich even more of your experience in this beautiful Italian corner. Let us customize your holiday vacation in Italy. Here are the following the details regarding the Lake Maggiore tour:
The tour includes:
- Flight ticket from / to New York – Milan
- Private car that will come to pick you up at the airport and transfer you on Lake Maggiore
- Double room 3* – 4* in a hotel on the shores of Lake Maggiore on B&B treatment
- Private car with a local driver who will lead you on the Alps where the Christmas markets are located in several small towns
The tour does not include:
- meals are not included (we will give you tips on where to go taste the best local dishes from Lake trouts to unforgettable “polenta”)
- extra excursions: please ask us about the possible day tours to include in your package
- tips to your driver: we hope you will become friends!
- travel insurance: please don’t miss the departure flight!
When you will arrive at Milan airport, you will find your driver with your name displayed on a sign, welcoming you to Italy. Your driver will take you to your hotel. We recommend that you spend this day to rest or walk around the town (Baveno) and experience the lake’s breeze before heading to a restaurant for delicious Italian cuisine.
Day 2 – Day 4
Discover with your local driver many of the small towns around the lake and by the mountains. It is a time of holiday cheer, and there are local feasts (weekend of December 8th) all around the lake, which will be explained to you along the journey.
Last day: this is a good time to insert one of our excursions upon request
Unfortunately, it is time to pack. Your driver will take you back to the airport in time for your departure. We hope you have enjoyed Sweet Travel Italy services for unique lifetime memories.